Re: coriolis situation

If my memory serves me true it's two different wars and two different
naval battles.
The one Marion refers to is the battle of the Falkland Islands in
World War I (1914-1918). The one Mike refers to is off the River
Plate in Word War II (1939-1945).
Brian McInnes
----------

An early version of J. B. Marion's mechanics book claims the British around
1915 had
their coriolis naval gun corrections set for the northern hemisphere only.

So they were surprised when fighting some German ships in the South
Atlantic off South
America to find their shells falling 100 yards away from the German ships.

That's as much as Marion says. He does not go on to say that Admiral Graf
Spee and his
ships were all sunk by the superior British force.

Evidently the British did some quick corrections, or something.

--
Mike