-----Original Message-----
From: Ludwik Kowalski <KowalskiL@MAIL.MONTCLAIR.EDU>

Every misconception can be ridiculed by those who
know better. But it REALLY WAS my misconception.
Where did it come from? Probably from knowing
that, mathematically, a circular motion with constant
speed is a superposition of harmonic oscillations along
the x and y axes. The equality of amplitudes and the
phase difference of 90 or 270 degrees always leads to
circular motion.

Are you opposing the idea of collecting misconceptions,
Jack? I mean misconceptions some of us had, and also
those we identify in minds of students. No, I am not
referring to misconceptions such as "cows must drink
a white fluid to produce white milk."