Energy follow-up: Nonlinear Thermodynamics

Dear Colleagues,

As this is my first year teaching high school physics (AP Physics) I am
drawing up my objectives for the course. The ongoing discussion regarding
energy made me jump ahead to review what I plan to teach regarding
thermodynamics.

In looking over the text and course of study I found no references to
nonlinear thermodynamics. What -- if anything do you teach AP students
regarding nonlinear science -- especially nonlinear thermodynamics?

Are there explanations that satisfy and yet prepare them for the
relativistic, quantum, nonlinear world of 21st century.

Gad... I sound like President Clinton. :)

Best Regards,
K.