Re: Energy, etc

NO. "Energy" is not "located" It does not "flow". It is not like water,
as Leigh says. Energy is a property of a system. You would not say that
the "blue" of a blue object is "located" anywhere would you? Not a perfect
analogy (none are) but close.

...I don't want to get into a long argument here and I certainly have
no hope of convincing Jim or Leigh of anything. But they're both
wrong. Energy is as much a material entity as mass (as Einstein
taught us) or particles (as quantum field theory teaches us). If
you don't let me say where energy is located, then consistency
requires that you not let me say where mass is located or where
particles are located. At that point I would have to quit my teaching
job because I could hardly utter a sentence.

Dan S.