Re: misconceptions

At 20:49 7/30/99 +0100, Ludwik wrote:

The intention was
to produce a paragraph, I suppose. Why is it one line?

There was and is a convention in electronic publishing that
text is to be written without marking lines with returns, so that
the publisher can set various fonts, and judge whether 'ragged right'
or 'justified' is the appropriate line formatting convention.

In email it is fairly customary to hard code line widths, indents
and paras - but many mail readers can justify a text depending on the
window width and font size chosen.
You evidently cannot cope with such unformatted text, but I expect
if you set the appropriate switches you could.

brian whatcott <inet@intellisys.net>
Altus OK