PHYS-L presentation at San Antonio

As many have already noted, I will make a 15 minute presentation on PHYS-L
and other public physics listservs at the AAPT summer meeting in
San Antonio TX next week:

Joining the Online Physics Education Comm. via Listservs
CH5
Friday, August 6
9 a.m.

and you are invited and welcome to attend and kibbutz (in a timely fashion).

For that session, I have amassed a set of suggested list practices and
information with the intent of eventually submitting the whole mess for
publication in The Physics Teacher or The Science Teacher.

I have already put together a short (1.5 page) description of Etiquette for
physics-related listservs, and I have attached a draft of this list to
the phys-l home page at

http://purcell.phy.nau.edu/phys-l/

I invite your comments on these _suggestions_ for PHYS-L etiquette, and any
comments regarding what should go into an article for publication that
introduced PHYS-L. Please send your suggestions via private email to me
unless you deliberately want to foment discussion of your suggestion on
the list. I will post a summary of your responses to the list eventually.

Dan M

PS -- in past history, Dick Smith ran PHYS-L cracker-barrel sessions at
some AAPT meetings. Is there any interest in doing so again? If so, I can
try and schedule these for future meetings. I guess we would shake hands,
meet people live-in-person and discuss PHYS-L related issues.

Dan MacIsaac, Assistant Professor of Physics and Astronomy, Northern AZ Univ
danmac@nau.edu http://purcell.phy.nau.edu PHYS-L list owner