Re: vapor versus gas

Leigh

As impressed as I am with your erudition and as much as I learn from your
contributions, you do occasionally leave me very confused. In your piece
dated Sun, 25 Jul, 18:15:01, you stated::

Carbon dioxide is a liquid at room temperature (otherwise CO2 fire
extinguishers wouldn't work. Who says, e.g., "CO2 Vapor is responsible
for a small fraction of the greenhouse effect"? CO2 is almost always
called a gas at room temperature.

The way I read this, you are saying that carbon dioxide is really a liquid
at room temperature even though folks almost always call it a gas. So those
of us who believe it to be a gas are wrong.

My Chemical Rubber handbook lists the boiling point of CO2 as minus 108
degrees F. So how can it be a liquid at a temperature 180 F degrees above
its boiling point?

What have I missed?

poj