Re: Dangerous Ion Colliding Experiment?

Why do some recent messages come with HTML tags?
Here is an example; I see it with the newest Netscape
MESSENGER on my MAC machine.

At 03:55 PM 7/23/99 -0500, you wrote:<br>
&gt;A student approached me after class today to see if I knew about an
ion<br>
&gt;colliding experiment that was supposed to begin today but was
cancelled<br>
&gt;due to a chance of generating a tiny black hole or strange
matter.&nbsp; Does<br>
&gt;anybody know anything about this experiment and/or rumor?<br>
I think your student is referring to the letters section of the July
Scientific American, in which there is a letter regarding something
covered in a prior issue.&nbsp; The letter seemed to be ranting about the
possibility of destroying the earth through high energy physics.&nbsp; To
quote from the SciAm web page:<br>
Bang,&quot; March] alarmed several readers, such as Michael Cogill of