Re: Hot air rising

Boy, I see I've stumbled upon something here. I'll start with William
Beaty's conclusion...

On Wed, 21 Jul 1999, William Beaty wrote:

Is water vapor made of tiny wet droplets? Is "moist air" wet or dry? Is
"steam" colored white or is it transparent & invisible? Is fog a vapor?
One path out of this morass is to temporarily stop using any terms which
have multiple definitions. Avoid "water vapor" and instead say
"evaporated water" or "H2O gas." Don't say "steam", say "cloud of
droplets." Avoid "moist air" and replace it with "air full of H2O gas."

This idea has a lot of merit. I'll try to keep to this and not fall into
my meteorological jargon.

So, as for "mixing", I'm tempted to use "circulation" instead of "mixing"
but I'll refer to the Glossary of Weather and Climate (1996), which states
that mixing is a "random exchange of fluid parcels on any scale." I
believe my mistake was in identifying the scale in my original post.