Re: A "universal" computer language?

True BASIC can be purchased with a "binding" program which will convert
"compiled" code into an executable file. The executable file is fairly
large, but can be run on another machine without having the language
itself loaded. True BASIC is available for Mac's, for DOS, and for
Windows. The source code can be the same for both IBM and MAC platforms.
If your MAC screen and IBM screen have the same dimensions, you may not
even desire to change anything!