Re: Atomic Models - simulation

DEVARAKONDA VENKATA NARAYANA SARMA wrote:

Here is an interesting program which those who are interested can
download. For english speaking the secondfile atom10us.zip
contains the executables showing the simulation. ......

.... "Repetitorium of Atom Physics" is a collection of three
programs visualizing the atomic models of Rutherford, Bohr,
Sommerfeld and Schroedinger. By working with the programs
pupils/students can improve their comprehension of these models.
The repetitorium is available in English, French and German.

Special requirements: None.

Freeware. Uploaded by the author.

Oliver Goesswein
oliver-g@gmx.de
http://didaktik.physik.uni.wuerzburg.de/~og/downloads.html

How can the "no special requirement" be possible? Are we already
so advanced that executables will run on all platforms? What about
the language limit? Suppose the programs were compiled for a Sun
Fortran machine. Will I be able to run them on my MAC computer
which does not know that language? Do I need Java? Or C++?
The minimum memory requirement is not mentioned; it must be
very modest.

Am I missing something obvious to interpret the "requirement"
word. By the way, I wanted to access the server:

http://didaktik.physik.uni.wuerzburg.de/~og/downloads.html

but the message "server not available" was displayed. It is
probably maintenance at this time (after midnight in Germany).