Re: Exit tests

Jerry,
We have been using the AAPT's Introductory physics exams when the students
complete that sequence. It is not exactly an exit test but in our case it
give us a much better statistical indicator how we are doing in our largest
classes. We have only a few graduates each year and their GRE scores bounce
all over the place.
If you find anything better please let me know.
Say are you coming to the AAPT meeting in San Antonio?

Gary

Our department is currently thinking about assessment tools for our
graduating seniors. One idea is for them to take a standardized exam in
physics such as the physics GRE. Does anyone know of any other
standardized tests that would be appropriate for assessing our physics
program?

Thanks

Jerry Lisantti lisantti@physics.centenary.edu
Dept. of Physics and Engineering http://alpha.centenary.edu