Re: What is understanding?

The conditional implies the contrapositive and visa versa.
The inverse implies the converse and visa versa.

Physics HAS to be logical. It does not follow, however, that the truth of
a conditional statement should preclude the creative guess that the
inverse is also true. Indeed the truth is seldom limited to one of the
four forms proposed. Physics cannot be merely deductive.