Re: Earth's Magnetic Field

I don't believe there is, at present, any consensus on the
precise mechanism of origin for the geomagnetic field.

An understatement. Consensus does't always mean understanding,
and I think it is fair to say that the limit of understanding
of the Earth's magnetic field is that it is founded in the
electric current ditribution within the metalic core of the
Earth.

Leigh