Re: Earth's Magnetic Field

JACK L. URETSKY (C)1998; HEP DIVISION, ARGONNE NATIONAL LAB ARGONNE, IL
60439 wrote:

Hi all-
I am looking for information about the origin of
the earth's magnetic field;
i.e. what causes it.

Anyone have a good explanation / resource?

TIA,
bob yeend
Hi Bob-
Have you tried looking in Brittanica (you might start with
"Earth")?
Regards,
Jack

"I scored the next great triumph for science myself,
to wit, how the milk gets into the cow. Both of us
had marveled over that mystery a long time. We had
followed the cows around for years - that is, in the
daytime - but had never caught them drinking fluid of
that color."
Mark Twain, Extract from Eve's
Autobiography
Hi Jack--

I noticed the quote in your signature section and you cite it as an
extract from Eve's Autobiography. Is it Eve's Autobiography or Eve's
Diary? I am a fan of Twain's work in the Diaries of Adam and Eve and was
wondering if this was an additional work I have overlooked.

Have a nice day.
--
Carl C. Gaither & Alma E. Cavazos-Gaither (Authors)
Statistically Speaking: A Dictionary of Quotations