Open position

Our department is seeking someone for a full-time, one-year appointment
for the 1999-2000 academic year. We will be conducting a search for a
tenure-track position to start in fall 2000, and the successful one-year
candidate could be considered for the tenure-track position.

This position will require teaching introductory physics in the Workshop
format developed by Priscilla Laws and collaborators at Dickinson
College, as well as other courses, possibly including upper division
courses for physics majors.

Drury emphasizes excellence in teaching. This is an excellent
opportunity for a recent Ph.D. or Ph.D. student who shows promise as a
teacher and is interested in a career at an undergraduate institution to
gain further experience in the classroom. In addition, it is an
excellent chance to learn about one of the many innovative approaches to
physics education that are now coming into use.

Interested candidates should sent a current CV, a statement about their
teaching philosophy and experience, and three letters of reference to

Bruce Callen
Chair, Dept. of Physics
Drury College
900 North Benton Ave.