Re: "Faraday's Disk" which started it all

On Thu, 1 Jul 1999, Brian McInnes wrote:

Well, it's taken us a while, hasn't it, but we've finished (?) up with
some really sound physics presented with flair.
Thanks, Bob and also William for starting it and keeping on niggling
away so that we lurkers were able to improve our understanding.

I just found some references. I finally chose some altavista keywords
which hit websites on Homopolar Generators where references were listed. I
don't receive AJP, and the UW physics library is closed on weekends, so it
may be some time before I can look these up:

Maxwell's Equations in a Rotating Medium: Is There a Problem?"
by G. N. Pellegrini and A. R. Swift, Am J. Phys. Vol 63 No 8,
August 1995, pages 694-705

Principal of relativity as applied to motional electromagnetic
induction, Valverde, Am J Phys, v63 #3, p228.

The Radial Magnetic Field Homopolar Motor, Eagleton, R. D., and Kaplan,
M. N., Am J of Phys, Vol. 56, No. 9, Sep. 1988, pp. 858-859

billb@eskimo.com http://www.amasci.com