Re: momentum

Herb,
You stated:
1. Do we assume that the tree is a 1,000 year old California
Redwood with a trunk over 2 feet in diameter... .....
or a is it a Maple seedling having a trunk diameter that is less
than an inch?
As a refugee from behind the "Redwood Curtain" I would like to point out
that a 1,000 year old tree would definitely be over 2 feet, by at least a
factor of five. (I guess that is good enough for a Fermi problem solution.)
What happens to the energy in these collisions?

Gary

Gary Karshner

St. Mary's University
San Antonio, Texas