revolution! online REAL DATA from lab experiments

Hi

Cindy Schwarz here. I am looking for people who are interested in becoming
involved in a new project that I have been working on called eMBL. In a
nutshell eMBL is a way to analyze lab experiments over the internet. Logal
has developed software to make this possible. THESE ARE NOT SIMULATIONS,
THEY ARE REAL DATA. If you want to see a sample go to
http://www.logal.net/eMBLsite/eMBL/default.htm. Don't forget to download
the simplayer before running the experiment. Currently physics is the only
section that has stuff in it. The eMBL site is free for anyone to use.
Eventually all users will be able to upload their experiments and lesson
plans directly, but in this early development stage, we will need to do it
for you.

CAUTION: THIS IS IN DEVELOPMENT. IT WILL RUN ON MAC AND WINDOWS WITH
NETSCAPE 4 AND UP. WINDOWS ALSO INTERNET EXPLORER 4 AND UP. AT THIS TIME
THEY NEED ALOT OF MEMORY TRY 15 MEG ON EITHER PLATFORM IF YOU CAN TO
MINIMIZE PROBLEMS.

What I am looking for now is

1) Anyone who has done an experiment using sensors (CBL or MBL) to collect
data. At this point, motion/force data is preferable (1-d or 2-d), but don't
hesitate to send me something else (as it may help shape the needs of this
project). If you have such data (in Excel preferably) you can send it to me
along with a description of the experiment.

2) If your experiment looks like one that can be included in the site, I
will get back to you for more information like details of the experiment,
pedagogy, lesson plans, photo/drawing of set up etc.

3) Logal is offering a FREE three month subscription to logal.net for a 30
student class for the first 10 experiments selected for early inclusion in
this project. SEND ME INFO BY FRIDAY TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE FREE
SUBSCRIPTION!!!!!!!

email me schwarz@vassar.edu
attachments can be read (I am on Mac)

or call with additional questions/comments 914-437-7349

Cindy Schwarz
Associate Professor and Chair
Department of Physics and Astronomy
Vassar College