Money to burn?

Hi everyone

Sorry for any cross-postings.

I'm trying to put together a short series of demos for a competition in a
science centre in the UK. My theme is heat capacity, and I hope to start
with the water balloon heat capacity demo. I would like to follow this by
trying to set light to a £20 note. I'm sure that I read somewhere recently
that if the note is tightly wrapped around a metal cylinder it will not burn
when a candle is held underneath it (again due the high heat capacity of the
metal)? Of course I can't find this reference anywhere now!
Can anyone confirm that this demo is possible?
Also, does anyone know any other dramatic demos based on heat capacity?

Thanks for your help

Paul McCrory