Re: simple magnets question

At 19:08 6/25/99 -0700, Bill wrote:
On Fri, 25 Jun 1999, Leigh Palmer wrote:

... two long bar magnets are placed coaxially
north pole to south pole with a small gap and one of them is started
in rapid rotation about the axis....
a very intense magnetic field in the gap.

Not!

I think "Daedelus" the humor writer for New Scientist (UK) had something
similar in his book. ...
William J. Beaty

Bill is betraying his age.
Ariadne chased him off to the pages of Nature (UK), if I recall,
in the seventies...

brian whatcott <inet@intellisys.net>
Altus OK