Re: ORIGINAL simple magnets question

Yes, that's it exactly. I would also add: give those magnets a large
diameter, so the reference frame becomes *almost* intertial, and also keep
the electron's velocity small (non-relativistic) so we perhaps could build
such a spinning magnet in the real world.

Well, here I see we meet a serious problem, perhaps the barrier to
our efforts:

1. There is no such thing as an *almost* inertial reference frame.

2. Magnetism is *intrinsically* a relativistic effect. There is
never a justification for ignoring relativity when treating
questions of this sort. Purcell is a good source for teaching
E&M with this fact held constantly in view, as is Feynman.
(These two texts were published within a year of one another.)

Leigh