Unbelievable Journal price!

Could this be a misprint? I can't believe this price!
The following is copied from maxpc.com:

PHYSICIST RESIGNS AS JOURNAL REFEREE TO PROTEST JOURNAL PRICE
Physicist Mark Riley (Florida State University, US), in protest
at the high prices of Elsevier journals, has announced his
resignation as an unpaid referee for a nuclear physics journal
published by Elsevier Science. The current subscription price for

the journal, _Nuclear Physics A_, is now US $7234 per year.

Riley's decision is supported by his university, and in
particular by the library of Florida State University, which has
had to cancel approximately 2000 titles because of high journal
costs. Riley states: "I am dismayed by the pricing and inflation
policies of Elsevier and the significant part they have played,
and are playing, in the present journal budget crisis... While I
respect the quality of _Nuclear Physics A_ as a scientific
journal, I feel honor bound to minimize my involvement with
Elsevier Publishing at this time." Riley adds that other journal
referees "should think about what they are doing in refereeing
for expensive journals, and remember that the serials crisis is
affecting their home institutions." During the past 2 years,
strong protests against high journal prices have been heard from
scientists and science librarians in both Europe and the US.
(Nature 17 Jun 99)

Bob Sciamanda
Physics, Edinboro Univ of PA (em)
trebor@velocity.net