Re: X-Windows and PCs

Have you considered installing Linux? It will allow you to do exactly what
you're describing and more, you can even access your windows partitions.

Paul
Physics dept.
Dawson College
Montreal, Qc
Canada

"Kenneth J. Morgan" wrote:

I have a UNIX machine in my office and a Windows-95 PC at home. A number of
UNIX-based programs such as X-View and Mathematica require the X-Windows
environment to run. To get my e-mail when I'm at home, I telnet to our UNIX
system at school. Works fine, but that's text only. What I'd like to know
is whether there is any software that would allow me to run UNIX X-Windows
programs remotely at home from Windows 95 over a modem connetion? Even
better, shareware? Money is an object! If anybody has any experience doing
this, I would very much appreciate hearing from you.

Thanks.

Ken Morgan
Physics Department
Michigan Technological University