Re: Introductory Undergraduate Physics Sequence

Sam: Reread my post. Most med schools require **Calculus**, not calculus
based physics. In fact very few universities put the pre-meds in calculus
based physics, and that is my point. The premeds are smarter than many, if
not most, of the students enrolled in calculus based physics. But, because
so many of them are from the biological sciences, with weak math
backgrounds, we continue the trend. Karl

I will chime here because I teach MCAT review of Physics and see the
materials they are tested over. Since most algebra based courses are
geared twoard pre-med this seems appropriate. Also, the comment on med
schools now requiring calculus based physics has at least not trickled
down to the College of Arts and Sciences at different universities or to
the MCAT writers who just revamped their set of things to know for the
test.

Dr. Karl I. Trappe Desk Phone: (512) 471-4152
Physics Dept, Mail Stop C-1600 Demo Office: (512) 471-5411
The University of Texas at Austin Home Phone: (512) 264-1616
Austin, Texas 78712-1081