Sudbury Neutrino Observatory first "light" achieved

I just sent this note out to my students and faculty colleagues. It
is sufficiently exciting that this group should also take a look.
Sorry about the blatant chauvinism; that is de rigueur in Canada
these days, sort of a Canadian kind of PC.

SNO is on the air, and from the first two event plots shown I'd say
it has to be a big success! Many Canadians are breathing easier now.
Congratulations to the scientists and engineers (in Canada, the
United States, and the United Kingdom) who are responsible for this
uniquely Canadian instrument.

Leigh

http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca
http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/event/event.html