Re: NiCad batteries and the memory effect

Don't understate the "old" problems. It used to be that if you had old
VCR, VCR camera, laptop, or cell phone batteries, and recharged them
before they were fully discharged they would not then hold a full charge
-- our storeroom is full of the "boat anchors" this type of mis-use
generated.

The new types of batteries are a 100% improvement.

If you can find out the manufacturer of you batteries, inquire there
first. I have found them to be good sources of information. One
manufacturer even sent me copies of old technical articles in anser to
one of my inquiries.

Peter Schoch