Re: websites

At 01:28 PM 5/27/99 -0500, you wrote:
|PHYS-L Colleagues,
|
|I have been following the thread on websites and want to add a word
|of caution. Here is an excerpt from the site:
|<http://library.advanced.org/11902/physics/momentum.html>
|The discussion is about a bat hitting a baseball and concludes:

It also states that --
============================
While the kinetic
energy transferred from the bat to the ball accounts for some of
the energy of the ball, it does not account for all. So where is this
mysterious energy coming from?

The answer is conservation of momentum.

The "mysterious energy" comes from "conservation of momentum"???

And you are recommending this site -- this is like recommending Bill Nye.

Jim Green
mailto:JMGreen@sisna.com
http://users.sisna.com/jmgreen