Re: Egg Drop Info

Our school does the egg drop project and I used the following, but
certainly not perfect, regulations. There were questions assigned as
well to get them focused and thinking ahead of time. Hope this helps.

The egg drop competition is a very common thing. All of our 5th graders do
it, and it is done in all sorts of summer workshops. They do it again in
junior high school as well. So I came up with a variation. I have the
students build a catapult that will launch an egg in its protecting
container over a volley ball net onto a target. The egg has to survive the
impact and they are graded on the accuracy of the launch.

G.W. Knapp
Physics Kahuna
Kahuna Physics Institute - on the flapping edge of physics research.