Re: Fields and Forces

In truth, the constants in the equations for gravity and for electrical
force are of vastly different magnitude. Many people therefor say
that the electrical "force" is stronger than the gravity "force", but
this statement is wrong.

Speak of this...
I've never really understood how the constants are compared, considering
that their units are very different. How do you convert from Coulombs
to kilograms? In first year physics (where this topic often comes up),
we tell students that you *can't* make such a conversion. I would hope
that the students would get very suspicious.

--
--James McLean
jmclean@chem.ucsd.edu