Re: Egg Drop Info

Oops, I forgot the attachment. It's here this time.

Julie Hilsenteger <Julie_Hilsenteger@CENTENNIAL.K12.OR.US> 05/21/99 01:39PM >>>
Attached is what I do with my classes. I also have them writeup why they =
chose the design that they did and relate it to impulse and change in =
momentum.
We have great success with many diffferent kinds of designs and materials. =
Usually about 1/3 survive. We drop from the pressbox of our high school =
football stadium. It is approximately 40 ft high.

Julie Hilsenteger
Physics Teacher
Centennial High School
Gresham, OR =20
e-mail: julie_hilsenteger@centennial.k12.or.us

"Dr. James Mackey" <jmackey@SUN1.HU.EDU> 05/21/99 10:00AM >>>
I know that several have done egg drops as part of physics
contests/olympiads/etc. We run a 2 week workshop for 8th & 9th graders
each summer, and this summer I want to do an egg drop as an activity. If
someone has the info necessary for this activity (requirements,
restrictions, construction materials, etc.) or can direct me
to a source I would appreciate it very much - no need to reinvent the =
wheel!
James Mackey