What does light reflect off of?

If light is not absorbed by an atom what does it reflect off of? If a
photon is not of the energy that the electrons can absorb (I'm thinking
Bohr model permitted orbitals here) what "reflects" ( as opposed to
emits) light?.

Is the photon partially absorbed and then another photon kicked back out
(corresponding to the reflected colors (i.e., energy/wavelength)) we see?

Lee Wilmoth Lerner
Fairhope High School, Fairhope, AL USA Email via:
lw.lerner@juno.com
“But I don't have to know an answer. I don't feel frightened by not
knowing things,
by being lost in the mysterious universe....” -- Richard Feynman
"...unless, of course, I have a test" -- LWL

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]