Re: phys-l archives down?

Good morning, Dan:

I just tried to get to the phys-l archives, and get no response, although I do
get to your main homepage. If I click on the link to purcel.phy.nau.edu, I get
no response.

Crashed server?

JEG

Yes, spectacularly crashed Purcell, new HD and motherboard and RAM now being
installed, should be up mid/late next week. The archive and PHYS-L
are NOT on purcell, just the home page for PHYS-L. You can still search
and use the PHYS-L archives by bypassing purcell and going straight to
http://mailgate.nau.edu/archives/phys-l.html

You can still subscribe to PHYS-L directly by sending the one line message
SUBSCRIBE PHYS-L Dan MacIsaac
LISTSERV@LISTS.NAU.EDU
as well (no subject line needed) without accessing purcell. I will post
when purcell is back online; thanks for your patience.

Dan M

PS -- we are now closing in on 650 subscribers to PHYS-L

Dan MacIsaac, Assistant Professor of Physics and Astronomy, Northern AZ Univ
danmac@nau.edu http://purcell.phy.nau.edu PHYS-L list owner