Re: dangerous WORD macros

So...can I take that to mean it is no longer wise to open Word documents
that are attached to email?

Dave Stuewer
Shawano (WI) HS

Jerome Epstein wrote:

YEs. WORD Macros are not executable files ( *.exe), but can contain
viruses that can be very destructive.

You betcha' not safe at all.

On my Mac, when I get an attachment I feed it to VIREX via drag-and-drop
before it is opened. You can set download preferences to feed a particular
directory or folder and have a virus sweep program watch both that directory
and your floppy drive. That is pretty effective.

Dan M

Dan MacIsaac, Assistant Professor of Physics and Astronomy, Northern AZ Univ
danmac@nau.edu http://purcell.phy.nau.edu PHYS-L list owner