RC circuit and oscilloscopes

Hi, phys-l-netters,

We are preparing a three hours lab-class for a 1st year
eng. students at our department on scopes and want to show
the RC-circuit as one of the scope applications.

Anybody has a way to explain to first year students ( only mech
theory they have ), how a capacitor is charged and discharged,
in terms of I(t) or Q(t)??
I need to talk on this may be 5 min!?
Suggestions are wellcome.

Yanai

Yanai Krutman, Students Laboratory Instructor
Ben-Gurion University of the Negev
POB 653, Be'er Sheva, 84105, Israel
phone:+972-7-6403593/6400682 fax:+972-7-6232336
yanai@bgumail.bgu.ac.il