Re: Particle Position

I'm certainly no expert on such things but hasn't the 'Ahrenhov-Bohm
effect been verified. Sumpthin to do with phase interference in
conductive circuits.

A PREDICTIVE ability such as this makes them contenders???

The trouble with interpretations like Bohm's, Everett's many worlds, and
even Copenhagen, is that they are all non-falsifiable. No one can think of
any way to devise an experiment which could demonstrate that any one of
these interpretations is false. There is no way to distinguish among them,
and they have no predictive power beyond the standard results of quantum
theory. To assume any of them is to reify quantum theory to no good purpose
other than to make us feel good by returning "common sense" to QM. The job
of science is to find out how the universe really is, not how we would like
it to be. Unless and until someone comes up with a falsifiable
interpretation, the best we can say is what quantum theory already tells us
- the dynamic attributes are indeterminate before measurement.

Ron Ebert
ron.ebert@ucr.edu
"It is wrong always, everywhere, and for anyone, to believe anything
upon insufficient evidence."
-- William Kingdon Clifford

britton@odie.ncssm.edu you have forgotten everything
(919) 286-3366 x224 Albert Einstein, 1936