Re: Cryogenics Bat

> Whether the baseball goes farther or the trumpet sounds better is so
> dependent upon the skill of the player... and we know some of this is
> psychological... I don't know if scientists can do much verification or
> debunking in these areas. What do the rest of you think?

Since the trumpet/bat/... look identical for treated and untreated
cases, this is an ideal sort of candidate for double-blind testing which
would be accepted as definitive if done well.

Double-blind testing has been done with violins (Strad's vs. 'just
expensive' and with flutes of Platinum vs Silver.) It takes a VERY
well trained ear to 'appreciate' the subtle differences.

Measuring the flight of a baseball seems more strasight forward but
it's gotta be a truly blind test and DOUBLE blind is best (so neither
the hitter nor the judge knows which bat hits which ball.) Only after
the test results are completed can the correlation between which bat
was used be revealed)

britton@odie.ncssm.edu you have forgotten everything
(919) 286-3366 x224 Albert Einstein, 1936