Re: PHYS-L Digest - 9 May 1999 to 10 May 1999

I don't work for B&N nor does anyone I know work for them, but I've
noticed lately that B&N often has better availability and lower prices
than amazon.com. I've purchased items from both, but the last couple of
orders have been with B&N. At any rate, I always check both before
ordering.

As a matter of principle I never order from either of them. They're
putting independent bookstores out of business, sending our local
neighborhoods one more step down the path to oblivion. Call up your
local bookstore and have them order it for you. That way you don't
pay shipping at all, though the sticker price may be higher.

OK, I'll get off my soapbox now.

dan