Re: PHYS-L Digest - 9 May 1999 to 10 May 1999

"Great Experiments in Physics: Firsthand Accounts from Galileo to
Einstein," by Morris H. Shamos (Paperback, 370pp; ISBN: 0486253465;
Dover Publications; May 1987) is also available from Barnes & Noble
(www.bn.com) for $8.76. It's listed as in-stock for shipment within 24
hours. Shipping costs may make the difference in which is the better
deal.

I don't work for B&N nor does anyone I know work for them, but I've
noticed lately that B&N often has better availability and lower prices
than amazon.com. I've purchased items from both, but the last couple of
orders have been with B&N. At any rate, I always check both before
ordering.

Glenn A. Carlson, P.E.
St. Charles County Community College
St. Peters, MO