Re: Current Density?

Mervin Koehlinger wrote

On Sun, 2 May 1999, Brian McInnes wrote:

If we were asked to explain exactly what was meant by a statement that
the current density, for example, was 6.2 A/m^2, we would say that if
the conductor had a thickness of 1m^2 (and the current through it was
the same everywhere) then the current through it would be 6.2A.

A *thickness* of 1m^2? I don't think I'd say that.

Okay, Mervin, what about "a thickness such that its cross-sectional
area was 1m^2"?
Or, better stiil, omit the word "thickness" altogether; "a
cross-sectional area of 1m^2"
Brian