Re: Image Enhancement

I hadn't realized that NIH did not make the PC port of IMAGE. It turns
out that Scion Corp. has made the free port. Download available at

http://www.scioncorp.com/frames/fr_download_now.htm

Scion makes frame-grabbers for both Mac and PC...makes sense they would
try to get access to the bigger Wintel community!

See also the About NIH Image page:

http://rsb.info.nih.gov/NIH-Image/about.html

Also, be aware that Wayne Rasband (author of NIH Image) is eventually
(perhaps largely so already) moving the future development for NIH
Image to Java (ImageJ). I don't do Windoze so I can't speak for that
platform, but ImageJ on the Mac runs amazing well (downright useable,
although it is of course not as fast and some of the important
functionality of NIH Image is not yet included). For as "unpowerful"
as Java is in its infancy, I was very impressed; this is an example
of how to do Java ports IMHO.

Stefan Jeglinski