Re: Image Enhancement

I found NIH Image (free from the NIH web site) to be superb for image
enhancement. It's available for Mac and Wintel platforms. In addition to
the great documentation which comes with the download, there is also a
listserv which has quite a bit of traffic, and plenty of people who
try to help.

In my previous job, I used Image to teach a lab on projectile motion.
Students would toss a ball in front of a wall painted with coordinate axes
which had been marked in half-meter increments. The students could then
use Image to determine range and height data. Time data was available
from the frame rate of the video capture. For my M.S., I used Image to
find the edge of a fluid-air interface, then determined fractal scaling
laws from the height/width/time data. One more thing, Image is fully
scriptable and comes with a bunch of plug-ins already installed. If you
need one that doesn't come as a default, search the web. Image has been
around long enough that someone has probably written the routine you need.

Before you buy any programs, I'd recommend checking this out for free.

David Kulp Thinking Different since 1984.
david@nuclear.physics.gatech.edu