Re: Theses and Dissertations

"Kenneth J. Morgan" wrote:

Did anyone write, or does anyone know someone who has written, a master's
thesis or Ph.D. dissertation on the subject of curriculum development
(development of teaching methods and/or teaching materials) for some
specific college physics course (intro or upper-level undergraduate)?

If so, I would much appreciate the author's name and possibly the name of
the thesis/dissertation so that I can read an abstract of it.

Thanks.

Ken Morgan

Dear Ken,

I did my Master's thesis at UC Davis under the supervision of Dr. Wendell
Potter. He has continued doing work in the field of physics teaching
research including re-designing the trig based physics course utilizing an
energy model that is different than any presentation provided by traditional
texts. I imagine he still provides graduate students, with interests in
teaching, the opportunity to develop this course and inevitably to have
prepared a dissertation on the work. Hope you find what your looking for.
Randy Sloper