Re: DC Power Supplies

I'm looking to purchase some filtered DC power supplies for a HS
lab. I want some variable supplies for the student stations with
maximum outputs somewhere around 12V and 5A. Internal meters would
be nice, but not necessary.

One feature you didn't mention, but would be very nice to have, is a
current-control mode. That is, you can dial up a given current, and the PS
will adjust the voltage to deliver the requested current. This mode is very
useful in magnetic field experiments, where you might put a near-short across
the PS output (like a slinky or a long wire) and then dial in a current.

JEG

John E. Gastineau john@gastineau.org KC8IEW
900 B Ridgeway Ave. http://gastineau.home.mindspring.com
Morgantown WV 26505 (304) 296-1966 voice (304) 296-5035 fax
USA