From: AAPT-EXEC
To: aapt-update@aapt.org
Sent: 4/15/99 5:23 AM
Subject: Death of Dr. Robert Sears

AAPT members-

It is with deep sorrow that we tell you that Dr. Robert Sears died
Wednesday morning.

Dr. Sears was the AAPT President Elect and would have become our
President
next year. He was previously AAPT Treasurer and Chair of the Section
Representatives.

He suffered a massive heart attack while using exercise equipment. He
was
57 years old.