Re: your mail

The message below is unreadable. Can somone explain why it
came out line this?

On Mon, 12 Apr 1999 08:51:42 -0600 "James H. Head"
<HeadJH.dfp@USAFA.AF.MIL> writes:

>------=_NextPart_000_0001_01BE84C1.B05EF400
>
>SET PHYS-L NOMIME
>

>------=_NextPart_000_0001_01BE84C1.B05EF400
>
><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD W3 HTML//EN">
><HTML>
><HEAD>
><META HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
>charset=3Diso-8859-1">

oops, I just sent in an explanation regarding content-type. But in
this original message I see that the content-type (text/html) is set
correctly for the subsequent html.

The issue seems to be the MIME encoding. Some e-mail clients do not
properly interpret MIME, but even if they do, it does not necessarily
mean that the endpoint e-mail client(s) are at fault. Sometimes my
e-mail client sees MIME attachments correctly, sometimes not. But
since I never change my e-mail settings with respect to MIME, I have
always assumed that the message is munged along the way.

Stefan Jeglinski