Kelvin ?
Celsius ?
Pascal?
Galileo ?
Fresnel ?
Lenz ?
Compton ?

Herb Gottlieb from New York City
(But I'll be in Boston for the rest of the week at the NSTA conference)
See me at the Metrologic Laser exhibit booth and at the laser workshop
Sunday, March 28 9 -10:30 AM Room 311 at the convention center

On Tue, 23 Mar 1999 22:40:14 -0500 Samuel Held <Held@RHIP.PHYS.UTK.EDU>
writes: Brian,
Not to be mean, but I think some of these are a little too
much for the kids in AP Physics. I assume with Modern Physics that this

is the B exam so they have to memorize a ton already. I took the B in
1992
and didn't even know about 75% of those experiments.
I agree with you on Thomson and half-heartedly with
Frank-Hertz
(complex equipment for HS students) and Davison-Germer (lattice
structure of crystal due to interference pattern of electrons passing
thru crystals - proof that matter is also a wave). For those and
also
Becqueral, Roentgen, and Curie - I would suggest knowing only the
discoveries. Also, might want to remember Pauli (Exclusion
principle)
and Bohr (model of atom - whoops, Pandora's box). I might also
mention
Enrico Fermi (predicted neutrino and first fission reaction). Mine to
definitely include are:

Michelson-Morley - C is a constant in all frames and no aether in
outer
space
Einstein - Photoelectric Effect - light is a particle
Young's Double Slit - Light is a wave

No more right now.

Sam Held