From: brian whatcott [mailto:inet@INTELLISYS.NET]
Sent: Tuesday, March 16, 1999 7:47 AM
To: PHYS-L@LISTS.NAU.EDU
Subject: Re: Definition of Undergraduate Research

Seems to me that Sam has in mind the use of 'slave labor' (featuring
grad
and undergrad students), a tried and tested facet of mainstream
college-based research.

I was attempting to describe something much more homey.
Something that can happen at home; in high-school; at science-fairs.
Something with no sense of shame about publishing in popular science
mags.
In brief, something that is not college-professor-centered.

Brian