Re: Waves

This applies to a pulse traveling along the "domino wave". We must be clear
about what is not a wave, what is a wave, and what is more than a wave.
Calling these three things waves may be the cause of our difficulties.

Herb Schulz wrote:

Maybe in a sound wave thinking of the energy & momentum transport as
successive collisions it gets easier to picture. The original source
transfers energy and momentum to adjacent molecules which collide with the
next layer, etc.