Re: Quiz programs

Dwight Souder wrote:

There was also a small security feature so that students couldn't
type up a false report on their word processor, without knowing what the
code at the end of the printout actually means.

That isn't the most serious security problem, in my opinion. Does
anyone know of a method for preventing a student from having someone
else answer the questions, short of having a supervised room for taking
the quizzes? This issue -- and the cost of staffing the room in
question -- has prevented me from thinking about computerized quizzes.
For practice only, the feature of randomizing the questions that are
presented is unnecessary, and perhaps in some circumstances even
counterproductive.
--
Maurice Barnhill, mvb@udel.edu
http://www.physics.udel.edu/~barnhill/

who is still recovering from being told on an exam that one of the
important features in Special Relativity is "length refraction."